F1: Red Bull confirms seat swap report for Spanish GP

Red Bull Racing have confirmed the reports that Max Verstappen will swap seat with Daniil Kvyat at the Spanish Grand Prix. Motorsports reported on Wednesday that Red Bull had been evaluating the seat swap option between the two F1 drivers as early as the Spanish GP, in response to Kvyat’s incident at the Russian Grand Prix.

Reports said that the Russian Red Bull driver was about to lose his seat with Red Bull’s senior grade after his disastrous Russian race where he collided with Ferrari’s top man Sebastian Vettel numerous times.

Kvyat’s involvement in Russian incident has caused lots of trouble for the team, it left Red Bull without any points in Sochi as well as leading to Vettel’s early retirement in the race. F1 youngster Max Verstappen has finished the race with great points and Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has acknowledged Verstappen’s talent.

The incident has left Red Bull furious, scrambling for possible solution. Red Bull motorsport adviser Helmut Marko has already expressed his displeasure at the incident, and has forced to make tough decision for the Spanish GP.

Like us on Facebook

One possible quick solution to the said problem is an immediate seat swap between Max Verstappen and Daniil Kvyat. The move will involve Verstappen moving up to Red Bull’s senior team for the remainder of the season, while Kvyat taking over Verstappen’s place at sister team Scuderia Toro Rosso, giving the Russian the time he needed to rebuild his reputation.

Red Bull chief Christian Horner said in a statement, via the Motorsport.com.

“Max has proven to be an outstanding young talent. His performance at Toro Rosso has been impressive so far and we are pleased to give him the opportunity to drive for Red Bull Racing,” Horner stated.

“We are in the unique position to have all four drivers across Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso under long term contracts with Red Bull, so we have the flexibility to move them between the two teams. Dany will be able to continue his development at Toro Rosso, in a team that he is familiar with, giving him the chance to regain his form and show his potential.”

Photo Courtesy: Gil Abrantes/Wikimedia Commons

F1: Red Bull confirms seat swap report for Spanish GP

Red Bull Racing have confirmed the reports that Max Verstappen will swap seat with Daniil Kvyat at the Spanish Grand Prix. Motorsports reported on Wednesday that Red Bull had been evaluating the seat swap option between the two F1 drivers as early as the Spanish GP, in response to Kvyat’s incident at the Russian Grand Prix.

Reports said that the Russian Red Bull driver was about to lose his seat with Red Bull’s senior grade after his disastrous Russian race where he collided with Ferrari’s top man Sebastian Vettel numerous times.

Kvyat’s involvement in Russian incident has caused lots of trouble for the team, it left Red Bull without any points in Sochi as well as leading to Vettel’s early retirement in the race. F1 youngster Max Verstappen has finished the race with great points and Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has acknowledged Verstappen’s talent.

The incident has left Red Bull furious, scrambling for possible solution. Red Bull motorsport adviser Helmut Marko has already expressed his displeasure at the incident, and has forced to make tough decision for the Spanish GP.

Like us on Facebook

One possible quick solution to the said problem is an immediate seat swap between Max Verstappen and Daniil Kvyat. The move will involve Verstappen moving up to Red Bull’s senior team for the remainder of the season, while Kvyat taking over Verstappen’s place at sister team Scuderia Toro Rosso, giving the Russian the time he needed to rebuild his reputation.

Red Bull chief Christian Horner said in a statement, via the Motorsport.com.

“Max has proven to be an outstanding young talent. His performance at Toro Rosso has been impressive so far and we are pleased to give him the opportunity to drive for Red Bull Racing,” Horner stated.

“We are in the unique position to have all four drivers across Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso under long term contracts with Red Bull, so we have the flexibility to move them between the two teams. Dany will be able to continue his development at Toro Rosso, in a team that he is familiar with, giving him the chance to regain his form and show his potential.”

Photo Courtesy: Gil Abrantes/Wikimedia Commons

Renault to test upgraded engine at Barcelona

Renault is getting a huge update, and plans to run its new B-spec engine at Barcelona. The Enstone-based outfit plans to test its updated F1 power unit for the first time at Barcelona after the Spanish Grand Prix. Reports said that the team is pushing hard to get the two versions of the new B-spec engine ready for the Barcelona test.

The B-spec engine will be handed its track introduction at the two-day test at Barcelona, ahead of the much anticipated debut at the Canadian Grand Prix in June.

The team is currently on schedule to take the B-spec engine ready for the Barcelona test, and the first run at Barcelona could provide a clear indication of how much progress can be expected in the days to come.

In addition to the new engine, Renault also wants to evaluate a number of updates to its car at the Barcelona test.

Like us on Facebook

Renault F1 managing director Cyril Abiteboul said that this weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix marks as an important milestone for Renault, and is confident the team will start to gain momentum as its development programme gets in.

Abiteboul also said that the team might be able to repeat it performance in Barcelona, but still feels the start of the European season is significant.

“Getting points in Russia was a good fillip for the team after the tough race in China,” Abiteboul said in a statement, via the Motorsport.com.

“We were reliable and competitive enough to out-race our closest competition and that took a lot of hard work. That said, we acknowledge it took a cocktail of circumstances and repeating the result in Spain would be tough.

“However, Barcelona is the start of our development program and we will see some new developments coming through in the race, with several others scheduled for the test afterwards.

“We look at this race as a marker in the sand: the exit point of our recovery from the takeover and the first race as ‘our’ team. It will start small, but I’m confident we will gain momentum as we go forward.”

Renault has also confirmed that reserve driver Esteban Ocon will run in his first FP1 outing of the year on Friday at Barcelona.

Picture courtesy: Kevin Smith/Flickr Creative Commons

McLaren F1 to get major update, just in time for the Spanish Grand Prix

McLaren F1 is getting a brand new floor, wings and body works as a part of a major upgrade for the Spanish Grand Prix, one that it hopes will enhance its chances of getting in to Q3.

McLaren has been inspired by the great progress the team has made so far this season on the engine and the chassis part- and missed out on a top-ten qualifying shootout place by lower than one tenth of a second last time out in Russia Grand Prix.

McLaren also said that its battle-weary Honda engine has prevented the team from recording an even more encouraging result in Russian Grand Prix.

And today, just in for the Spanish Grand Prix, McLaren is planning a massive development push to continue its drive forward.

Like us on Facebook

However, McLaren racing director Eric Boullier is cautious about build up false hopes an enormous raise in kind, especially after the McLaren team had eyed a Q3 slot in Russia GP.

“I don’t know how it will go for Barcelona, and I don’t want to create any expectation,” Boullier said in a statement, via the Motorsport.com.

When asked in an interview if the updates plus Barcelona not being a lot of influence had lifted confidence of McLaren challenging for Q3, McLaren boss Boullier replied, via the Motorsport.com. “No. No confidence at all yet.

“You know the problem is, we thought we could do it in Russia but for one tenth we didn’t. The good news is we were close to Red Bull, which is one of the references in terms of the car, but it was still disappointing to not be there.”

The Woking-based outfit did come away from the power-dependent Russian Grand Prix with a double points finish, which Boullier thinks is a proof that the McLaren team is improving.

Picture Courtesy: Morio/Wikipedia.org

Michael Schumacher News: Latest health update not good; F1 legend years away from recovery

Michael Schumacher is presently recovering in his Lake Geneva facing Swiss mansion. However, the recent health update of the F1 legend is not good and according to a source, Schumacher’s recovery might be years away from happening.

Peter Hamlyn, a consultant and a neurological and spinal surgeon recently said how Schumacher might go on to recover, but it may not be a full recovery or even if he does, it will take years. He also stressed on the fact that the slow recovery of the 47-year-old is extremely torturous for his family and the public.

“If you look at severe head injury victims who go on to make a good recovery – and I’m not saying all do – it will always be a story of years. Gradually as the weeks and months go by those questions of survival turn into questions of the quality of survival.” Hamlyn said, as reported by express.co.uk.

The news of Schumacher’s recovery has been few considering his family asked for a media blackout. This was a result of constant tabloid journalism regarding the health of the F1 legend. However, an insider reported that the German’s recovery from his skiing accident is “painfully slow” and that no miracle is in the horizon.

Like us on Facebook

Around 15 medical personnel are constantly monitoring the progress of Schumacher’s conditions round the clock. The rehabilitation process is very expensive and the family has to shell out around $154,000 a week which is not an easy road for them.

Meanwhile, Sabine Kehm, Schumacher’s manager said that the man from Hurth, Germany is making progress but it will take a long time for him to recover. She also asked the fans to remember the severeness of the injury and keep their expectations realistic, as reported by TVNZ.

Schumacher is a seven-time F1 world champion and has won a record 91 F1 races in his career. However, he retired from the sport in 2012 after his disappointing comeback. His first victory in the sport was in the Belgian Grand Prix back in 1992 and his last was in China in 2006.

Photo courtesy: Chris J. Moffett/commons.Wikimedia.org